Ladies and gentlemen… I present something beautiful from Bill Nye’s facebook…
they LITERALLY JUST TOOK a SELFIE. the president a scientist and an engineer literally just took a SELFIE together. im so done. bye. im going to mars.
Conveniently, they can all help you get there!
We have a natural tendency to assume that a remarkable chemistry between two souls is confirmation that they are meant to be together. In the heat of profound feelings, it seems counter-intuitive to imagine ourselves separate from our beloved. But chemistry and longevity are not natural bedfellows. Just because we feel earth-shatteringly alive with someone doesn’t mean they are supposed to be our …life partner. They may have come for a very different reason - to awaken us, to expand us, to shatter us so wide open that we can never close again. Perhaps they were sent from afar to polish the rough diamond of your soul before vanishing into eternity. Perhaps they just came to give you new eyes. Better we surrender our expectations when the beloved comes. (S)he may just be dropping in for a visit.
Jeff Brown (via thelittleyellowdiary)
man. This saddens me and gives me hope at the same time.
Potatoes, zucchini, baby carrots, sweet potatoes, whole garlic cloves, onions and tomatoes at 350 for 45 minutes. Dust with parmesan for the last 10 minutes.
The Hemsworth brothers, Tom Hanks, and Meryl Streep star in a 1:00 “Charlie Bit My Finger” spoof
i would much rather be the “obnoxious feminist girl” than be complicit in my own dehumanization, thanks
portraits of Rinko by Jesse Frohman
doctor who master post
for all episodes with the very first doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the second doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the third doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the fourth doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the fifth doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the sixth doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the seventh doctor, click here.
for the tv episode with the eighth doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the ninth. tenth and eleventh doctor, click here.
Ohmygod I needed this.
God bless you!
This is the most amazing compilation in the history of the world. Thank you.
WOW THANK YOU YOU ARE MY HERO THANKS
• Use the hand you write with.
• Make a fist with your thumb outside, not tucked inside. If it’s tucked inside your fist, when you punch someone, you might break your thumb. The thumb goes across your fingers, not on the side.
• Don’t be like in the movies—don’t aim for the face. Face punches don’t usually stop people, and you can miss when they duck their head or break your hand on their jaw. If you want to get away quickly, or end a fight, aim for the chest, or the ribs. If you really want to do some damage, e.g., you’re being attacked, aim for the throat, which will make it hard for your attacker to breathe for a hot minute.
• When you punch, you want to aim and hit with your first two knuckles. Not the flats of your fingers, and not your ring or pinky knuckles, which can break more easily. You can use your weight, if you’re on your feet, to add wallop, and spring into a punch with your feet and torso.
Useful information, esp. if you haven’t taken self defense.
I reblogged this once before to add this and I’ll do it again…
keep your wrist straight.
You can also risk breaking your wrist if you allow it to bend. I actually can’t believe this isn’t in there.
Other good pointers:
- if your attacker is male, go for his junk - especially if he’s wearing loose pants. There’s no sportsmanship when it comes to assault so fuck them balls UP
- punching pretty much ANYWHERE in the face is going to actually hurt you a LOT (just think - you’re punching your bones into their bones and ow). If you’re going for the face, my suggestion is to strick upwards with your palm.
see that meaty portion highlighted in red? There’s a lot of muscle and fat right there which makes it excellent for striking. Hold your hand as shown and aim for the nose or chin (though I’ve been told in extreme circumstances, doing this to the nose can be fatal but I’ve never really heard if this is true or not) and just aim upwards
- other delicate areas:
- the shin (hurts like a bitch if you kick it right - also, you can hit this spot if you’re being held in a choke-hold and if your attacker has to move in order to stop you from kicking them, they’ll have to angle their body so as to expose his stomach and crotch to the wild spastic jabbings of your elbows)
- the solar plexus (either jab while holding your hand in a sort of spear position or use your elbows - unless you’re super strong, your punch probably won’t wind your attacker. Your elbow or a spear hand will, however)Originally in (most) martial arts, you hit the solar plexus because it supposedly contained an important chakra. Now we know that it actually also contains like a bunch of necessary organs that are exposed just below your ribs and is also (roughly) where your diaphragm lives so getting punched there is not pleasant.
- the clavicle (from experience, getting hit in your clavicle HURTS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER. If you strike downwards with your knuckles, the person might just cry. Like I did.)
- the ear (this is probably the best place to punch besides the throat. It’s all cartilage so it probably won’t hurt you all that much and most people will be like “DUDE YOU PUNCHED ME IN THE EAR WHAT THE HELL”)
- the kidneys (this is harder to hit without training but if you somehow get your attacker’s back to face you, try to hit’em in the kidneys. Again, from experience, this FUCKING HURTS. You can’t really hit the kidneys from the front with any effect but from the back it is super painful)
- if you’re held in a choke-hold, try turning your head so the forearm isn’t pressed into your throat. If you can position yourself right, you can sort of force your chin into the crook of the elbow, making you able to still receive (limited) oxygen and provide time for you to kick some shins or elbow some spleens and shit
-Also, remember that a guy’s junk is not an off-button. Don’t think that you can rely on a swift kick to the balls to immediately incapacitate him in an emergency. Adrenaline and anger can keep somebody going for a long time even through extreme pain, and if you expect to end a fight with a single groin-attack you might be caught off-guard when he doesn’t drop. Certainly go for it if you get the chance, but keep hitting him until the fight is over.
-Draw blood if you can, especially if you can draw it from the face or the eyes. Blood in the eyes is not just a good way to impair your attacker’s vision, it’s also a really good way to freak them out and let them know that they might be getting more than they bargained for by picking a fight with you.
-Elbows and knees are really powerful weapons. Elbows are very sharp and very strong and if you are in close-range they are often more effective than trying to throw a punch.
-Yelling and shouting makes you scary.
-The tops of people’s feet are actually quite delicate, so a well-placed heel ramming down can break all those little bones (especially if you’re wearing heavy shoes or heels)
-It only takes 7 pounds of pressure to break a collarbone/clavicle. And I know from personal experience that getting your collarbone broken is HORRIBLE. Hitting someone with the heel of your hand or punching them may be enough to at least fracture it.
-If their arms are bare, try pinching the tendon on the inside of their elbow as hard as you can. In the self defence class I took, they told a story about how one girl actually ripped out her attacker’s tendons.
-There’s not much sense in fighting clean. Bite, scratch, pull their hair. Pull their ears. Earrings? Rip ‘em out.
-Smacking your cupped palms really hard over someone’s ears like this can disorient them and with enough force, burst their eardrums.
-Practice “power yelling”. Here’s a good site about it.
-And like my mum always told me, if you don’t feel safe, keep your keys between your fingers. Like Wolverine. No one wants a punch from Wolverine.
Stay safe out there!
I showed this to my boss and was saying how awesome it was and next thing I know, she signed us both up for Graze ! You get a box of healthy snacks delivered to your office every week for just $5 (including shipping), which is pretty incredible.
If you wanna give it a try, you can get your first box free by using the code: W5DDKRTA
I’ve just ordered a box for me and my Dad! It’s a great way for us to snack on healthier things I think ^-^ I hope he likes the gesture because it’ll be a surprise c:
I also just ordered this for myself and for my dad to try as well! He’s been trying to eat a lot healthier lately and this looks really nice…!!
SOB i wish this was in australia
Most days when I am in hardcore work mode, I am at risk of forgetting to eat all day. Some days, I don’t even think to order delivery food or something. The idea of automatic food showing up once a week, and healthy food at that, it exactly what I need. And I want to eat so much of the stuff on this site it’s not even funny. Get in my mouth immediately.
I signed the fuck up for this! HEY ARTISTS. You know how we have a tendency to get so wrapped up in what we’re doing that we completely forget to eat, and then only realize something is wrong when we’re pale and shaking and dizzy? FOOD. GOOD FOOD. DELIVERED WITHOUT YOU HAVING TO DO ANYTHING.
And for those of us with food allergies, the filter is AWESOME. THERE ARE SO MANY GLUTEN-FREE OPTIONS!
Page 1 of 609